In accordance to California Education Code, 221.61, schools that receive federal funds and are subject to the requirements of Title IX, shall post in a prominent and conspicuous location on their Internet Web sites all of the following: The name and contact information of the Title IX coordinator.
- Isabelle Tabacot, email email@example.com; Tel: 916-961-3900
- The U.S. Dept. of Ed’s Office of Civil Rights
- The California Dept. of Ed’s Office for Equal Opportunity
- Cal. Education Code Section 221.8 Rights: The following list of rights, which are based on the relevant provisions of the federal regulations implementing Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972 (20 U.S.C. Sec. 1681 et seq.), may be used by the department for purposes of Section 221.61: (a) You have the right to fair and equitable treatment and you shall not be discriminated against based on your sex. (b) You have the right to be provided with an equitable opportunity to participate in all academic extracurricular activities, including athletics. (c) You have the right to inquire of the athletic director of your school as to the athletic opportunities offered by the school. (d) You have the right to apply for athletic scholarships. (e) You have the right to receive equitable treatment and benefits in the provision of all of the following: (1) Equipment and supplies. (2) Scheduling of games and practices. (3) Transportation and daily allowances. (4) Access to tutoring. (5) Coaching. (6) Locker rooms. (7) Practice and competitive facilities. (8) Medical and training facilities and services. (9) Publicity. (f) You have the right to have access to a gender equity coordinator to answer questions regarding gender equity laws. (g) You have the right to contact the State Department of Education and the California Interscholastic Federation to access information on gender equity laws. (h) You have the right to file a confidential discrimination complaint with the United States Office of Civil Rights or the State Department of Education if you believe you have been discriminated against or if you believe you have received unequal treatment on the basis of your sex. (i) You have the right to pursue civil remedies if you have been discriminated against. (j) You have the right to be protected against retaliation if you file a discrimination complaint.
- Description of SWS’s complaint submission policy/procedure
- See also: The U.S. Dept. of Ed. Office of Civil Rights’ webpage on how to file a discrimination complaint
- A complaint alleging retaliation or unlawful discrimination (such as discriminatory harassment, intimidation, or bullying) must be filed not later than six months from the date it occurred, or six months from the date the complainant first obtained knowledge of the facts of the alleged unlawful discrimination.
- A complaint alleging unlawful discrimination (such as discriminatory harassment, intimidation, or bullying) may be filed only by a person who alleges that he/she personally suffered the unlawful discrimination or by a person who believes that an individual or any specific class of individuals has been subjected to it. The complaint shall be initiated no later than six months from the date when the alleged unlawful discrimination occurred, or six months from the date when the complainant first obtained knowledge of the facts of the alleged unlawful discrimination.
- Description of SWS’s complaint investigation policy/procedure
- US Dept. of Ed., Office for Civil Rights “How to File a Discrimination Complaint with the Office for Civil Rights” webpage
- Office of U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission HERE
- U.S. Dept. of Ed., Office for Civil Rights Complaints Form HERE
- Office for Civil Rights Contact Information:
- National Office
Telephone: 800-421-3481, FAX: 202-453-6012; TDD: 800-877 8339, Email: OCR@ed.gov
- San Francisco Office
Telephone: 415-486-5555, FAX: 415-486-5570; TDD: 800-877-8339, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
34 CFR Part 106.45(b)(10) requires all ATIXA training materials to be posted publicly.
2020 Regulation Requirements Training Materials can be found on the following ATIXA website page: https://www.atixa.org/2020-regulations-requirement-posting-of-training-materials/