College counseling includes individual help with college research, guidance regarding gap programs, assistance with applications, Naviance Family Connection support, and a senior elective class in college planning.
College guidance resources are listed below.
UC Course List
Note: Select “Search Approved A-G Lists”, then type in “Sacramento Waldorf School”
Naviance Family Connection
The SWS High School utilizes Family Connection from Naviance, a comprehensive Web-based service designed especially for students and parents. Students linked to Family Connection have access to a wide variety of resources and services related to interest, career exploration, learning styles, post-high school planning, and much more. Our high school counselor uses Family Connection to track and analyze data about individual college plans, submit transcripts and letters of recommendation to colleges, and organize resources for families. All high school students, parents, and guardians have accounts and full access for the duration of high school.
Join Family Connection To:
- Get involved in the planning and advising process – Build a resume, complete online surveys, and manage timelines and deadlines for making decisions about colleges and careers.
- Learn about individual student strengths – Complete the “Do What You Are”, Learning Style Inventory, Strengths Explorer, and the Multiple Intelligences Advantage to identify personal characteristics and explore areas of study and which career paths match these characteristics well.
- Research career options – Match potential careers based on results of your “Do What You Are” questionnaire results or browse through career clusters for information on skill sets, degrees and suggested areas of study for each. The career interest profiler helps narrow careers and majors based on interest.
- Research colleges – Compare GPA, standardized test scores, and other statistics to historical data from our school for students who have applied and been admitted to college programs in the past. Direct links to colleges are available for research as well as college search engines.
- Receive news bulletins – Check your email and Family Connection regularly for updates regarding summer enrichment opportunities, SAT and ACT preparation, college fairs, financial aid workshops, scholarships and more.
- Access links and resources – Many direct links to helpful sites such as the College Board (SAT), ACT, University of California, California State University, Common Application, California Colleges, Los Rios Community College District and many more are loaded onto Family Connection and are only a click away. SWS documents on summer enrichment, gap year programs, college application tips, LGTBQ college resources, Western Exchange list, and test optional schools information are also available.
- Request transcripts and letters of recommendation – Requests are both made and tracked online. We use eDocs as our electronic submission service for colleges and universities.
Not registered yet? Here’s how:
- Get your unique initial registration code from the high school registrar.
- Go to http://connection.naviance.com/sws to connect to the SWS welcome and login page.
- Click on “I need to register” and enter your registration code in the registration box provided.
- Individual accounts are password protected. When prompted, enter your unique email address and a password of your choice.
- Visit the site often and benefit from the extensive information available!
- See the High School Counselor to manually set up or make changes to your account if all else fails. It only takes a minute!
Already on board? Click here to log on.