Sacramento Waldorf School is an established early childhood through 12th grade independent private school located in Fair Oaks, just east of Sacramento, in Northern California. The school offers a full Waldorf program to more than 400 students. The beautiful twenty-two-acre site overlooks the American River and affords many opportunities for outdoor and environmental education.
Established in 1959, SWS is the oldest Waldorf School in Northern California. We are an accredited full member of AWSNA (Association of Waldorf Schools of North America) and have also been accredited by WASC (Western Association of Schools and Colleges) since 1983. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We offer a competitive salary contingent on experience and qualifications and an excellent benefit package. Employment is contingent on a post-offer, pre-employment, fingerprint-based background check.
Current Job Openings
The Sacramento Waldorf School is seeking a broadly skilled IT manager. This position reports to the Operations Manager and is the sole information technology role for the Sacramento Waldorf School. The position requires broad focus and management of all IT functions with three primary areas of concentration: hardware and software management, end user support and training, and administrative functions. A qualified candidate will have excellent problem-solving, communication, and technical skills.
• Deep knowledge of Windows desktop operating systems
• Experience with back office systems & services (Windows Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP)
• Strong knowledge of Veracross school information management system
• Knowledgeable using, installing, and troubleshooting Microsoft Office suite
• Knowledge of telephony and video systems
• Knowledge of networking systems and standards
• Knowledge of popular mobile platforms (e.g. iOS, Android)
• Experience in creating project plans and managing implementation of IT strategic plans
• Experience teaching or training end users
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Strong problem-solving skills
• Legally able to work in the United States
Lower School Administrator
Sacramento Waldorf School invites applications for the position of Lower School Administrator. The position of Lower School Administrator at Sacramento Waldorf School constitutes the essential link between faculty, administration, students, and parents of our community. The primary responsibility of the Lower School Administrator is the successful planning, organization, and supervision of the lower school in order to ensure a quality Waldorf education for all lower school students in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values of Sacramento Waldorf School. The Lower School Administrator also serves as an integral member of the College of Teachers and is responsible for providing regular leadership in the healthy functioning of the School. Consistent with the fundamental philosophy of the School, the Lower School Administrator position reflects the general orientation of the School toward self-administration in the light of the teachings of Rudolf Steiner. As such, the Lower School Administrator of Sacramento Waldorf School is expected to demonstrate a commitment to the study and understanding of Anthroposophy and its application to the field of Waldorf education.
• BA required; graduate work preferred
• A minimum of two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
• Working knowledge of Anthroposophy and Waldorf education
• Skills in progressive leadership in a Waldorf school or similar institution
• Ability to communicate and facilitate across diverse groups and communities
• Experience managing the administrative functions of an organization