Community Support for These Times
In alignment with our socially responsible values and in the context of the increasing impacts of coronavirus, our learning continues in a school-to-home format. We are teaching by this method through April 3. Our calendared Spring Break is April 3 through April 20. Return to campus dates and procedures will be communicated in alignment with recommendations from public health officials.
Please bookmark this page. We will actively update this page with Parent Resources and updated information we receive from the California Department of Public Health and The Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) about COVID-19 as it relates to Sacramento Waldorf School. We encourage you to continue to visit the CDC and public health websites to stay up-to-date on current conditions.
Messages to Our Community
- March 27, 2020 Letter to the Community – School Closure Extended
- March 22, 2020 Letter from the Board of Trustees
- March 22, 2020 Our Community’s Fiscal Health Going Forward
- March 22, 2020 Letter from the Administrators
- March 19, 2020 Letter to the Community
- March 17, 2020 Letter to the Community
- March 15, 2020 Letter to the Community
- March 13, 2020 Letter to the Community
- March 12, 2020 Letter to the Community with Cancellations
- March 12, 2020 Letter to the Community
- March 5, 2020 Letter to the Community
The following websites have been compiled by our Sacramento Waldorf School staff. They provide quick access to information, resources, and support. Most websites are updated on a daily basis as information is changing rapidly.
Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
World Health Organization
Harvard Medical School Coronavirus Resource Center
California Department of Health
Sacramento Bee’s Coronavirus Resources and Assistance Site
Comprehensive and updated overview of regional resources including small business assistance, financial and legal assistance for renters and homeowners, food delivery services, and more.
Western Center on Law and Poverty
Comprehensive overview of food, health, housing and financial security services available in the state of California, updated daily.
California Employment Development Department (EDD) https://edd.ca.gov/about_edd/coronavirus-2019.htm
Benefits and information on: Unemployment, Caregiving, Self-employment, Reduced work hours, Business closure or layoffs, Tax assistance, Food Stamps and more
Many service providers including medical/dental providers, mortgage lenders, banks, credit card companies, phone carriers and others are offering financing and bill payment options, and other accommodations to support impacts during this time. Contact your providers by visiting their websites or calling them directly.
Parenting and Caregiving Resources
- Family Support from Kim John Payne on Simplicity Parenting
- In Difficult Times: How Do I Find and Create Goodness for My Children?
- Building Resiliency in Families During the COVID-19 Pandemic
- 5 Ways to Help Teens Manage Anxiety About the Coronavirus
- Making Art Reduces Cortisol
- Our Brains Need Craft More Than Ever
- How to Talk to Children about Difficult News by the American Psychological Association
- Explaining the News to Our Kids by Common Sense Media
- How to Talk to Kids About the Coronavirus Outbreak by TIME
- How to Talk to Kids About Coronavirus by the New York Times
- Talking to Children about COVID-19 by the Waldorf School of Philadelphia
- Practical Tips for Caregivers
- Grandparenting in the time of COVID-19